9.409, Qs: Active langs,Conceptual metaphors,Spanish,Book

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 19 16:52:37 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-409. Thu Mar 19 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.409, Qs: Active langs,Conceptual metaphors,Spanish,Book

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Elaine Halleck <elaine at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:11:08 +0100
From:  Wolfgang Schulze <W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
Subject:  Active languages

2)
Date:  Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:35:36 +0000
From:  "Victoria" <EGP97VK at sheffield.ac.uk>
Subject:  Conceptual Metaphors

3)
Date:  Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:33:44 +0000
From:  Kristin Turrill <kturrill at IMAP3.asu.edu>
Subject:  Spain's languages

4)
Date:  Wed, 18 Mar 1998 00:50:42 -0500 (EST)
From:  Mauro de Lorenzo <lorenzo at UDel.Edu>
Subject:  Book--Baker 1988

Date:  Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:11:08 +0100
From:  Wolfgang Schulze <W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de>

Dear linguists,

when preparing a summer term lecture on "active typology" I wondered
whether anybody had ever published a full list of those languages that
are thought to adhere to this typology (more or less completely/
canonically). Though it is clear that the relational type "active
languages" should be questioned with respect to a more general actant
typology, it still would be helpfull to me if I had in hand a list of
those languages that are interpreted as "active". So, if you know of any
such a comprehensive list, it would be great to let me know.
ELSE: If we still don't have such a list available, could you just send
me the name (together with a reference, if possible) of the "active
languages" you know? It would also be good to have a list of those
languages, that show older traces of "activity" or that are on the way
towards an active split.
In case a comprehensive list does not exist and in case I get hold of a
sufficient number of languages, I would be ready to prepare such an
overview to post it on the list.

Many thanks,
Wolfgang

-
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang SCHULZE
Institut f|r Allgemeine und Indogermanische
Sprachwissenschaft * Universitdt M|nchen
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1 * D-80539 M|nchen
Tel.: +89-2180 2486
http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~wschulze/