9.444, Qs: OCR, New words, Phonology references

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 24 09:29:29 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-444. Tue Mar 24 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.444, Qs: OCR, New words, Phonology references

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:41:47 -0500
From:  Michael <horlickm at rfa.org>
Subject:  Optical Character Recognition

2)
Date:  Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:36:24 -0600
From:  Ines Shaw <ishaw at badlands.nodak.edu>
Subject:  New words

3)
Date:  Mon, 23 Mar 1998 14:07:13 +0100
From:  "Homme A. Piest" <piest at pobox.leidenuniv.nl>
Subject:  Literature on sound shifts vs. analogy

Date:  Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:41:47 -0500
From:  Michael <horlickm at rfa.org>

        I need to find solid, reliable OCR (optical character recognition)
software for the following languages -- any suggestions ?

   Chinese, Korean, Laotian, Khmer, Burmese, Vietnamese, Uyghur, Tibetan,
and Thai.

Thanks in advance.

           Michael Hunter Horlick
            Technical Operations