9.647, Qs: Frisian,Approximants,Lexicography,Adjectives

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 3 23:46:22 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-647. Mon May 4 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.647, Qs: Frisian,Approximants,Lexicography,Adjectives

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 2 May 1998 18:30:03 +0200
From:  Erik Lennestal <erik.lennestal at swipnet.se>
Subject:  Northern Frisian

2)
Date:  Sat, 02 May 1998 14:23:11 -0400
From:  Wilbur Streett <wstreett at mail.monmouth.com>
Subject:  Approximant in the IPA Feature Descriptions

3)
Date:  Sun, 3 May 1998 04:08:14 EDT
From:  TJGluckman <TJGluckman at aol.com>
Subject:  lexicographers' news groups

4)
Date:  Sun, 03 May 1998 14:46:21 +0200
From:  Hans-Ingo Radatz <hans-ingo.radatz at phil.tu-chemnitz.de>
Subject:  Languages with both AdjN and NAdj

Date:  Sat, 2 May 1998 18:30:03 +0200
From:  Erik Lennestal <erik.lennestal at swipnet.se>

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for their extensive and very
helpful feedback on the Alsatian language. I'll post a summary later,
after having investigated other languages appearing near border
areas.

I'd also like to know if there still are any speakers of (Northern)
Frisian in Denmark as I've heard that the language is seriously
endangered and may even be extinct.

Furthermore I'd like to get in contact with anyone who has information
about Norn, the Norse language once spoken on the Shetland Islands.

Erik Lennestal