9.770, Books: Grammar

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri May 22 18:01:25 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-770. Fri May 22 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.770, Books: Grammar

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Links to the websites of all LINGUIST's supporting publishers are
available at the end of this issue.

Date:  Thu, 21 May 1998 21:03:34 +1000 (EST)
From:  Gerd Stabler <aeegerd at onthenet.com.au>
Subject:  Making Sense of Language Series

Date:  Thu, 21 May 1998 21:03:34 +1000 (EST)
From:  Gerd Stabler <aeegerd at onthenet.com.au>

MAKING SENSE OF LANGUAGE SERIES
Series Editor: A/Prof Jill Burton

MAKING SENSE OF FUNCTIONAL GRAMMAR

The Introductory Workbook for every Teacher

Linda Gerot and Peter Wignell

This workbook is the most innovative workbook available in
systemic-functional grammar. Designed to be used by teachers and teacher
educators coming to grips with functional grammar, it also is the essential
textbook for introductions to Bachelor or Masters degree level courses.

It answers your questions about functional grammar and genre, how to
describe the language used in your classroom, how to teach about differences
in spoken and written language, how to increase students' awareness of how
language is used, and much more.

ISBN 0 646211 60 9, PB 268p, AUD$24.95 plus freight, trade welcome.

MAKING SENSE OF TEXT

The ContextText Relationship

Linda Gerot

Volume 2 explores whole texts with reference to lexicogrammar, and how
genre, field, tenor, mode and ideology contribute to our understanding of
spoken and written texts. Readers will learn how to apply the grammar to
contrasting texts through the author's analysis of a range of authentic
material from a variety of contexts.

Although it builds on Volume 1, readers new to this kind of grammatical
explanation can still use this volume as an introduction to
systemic-functional grammar. The book will assist any reader's understanding
of the all-important contexttext relationship.

ISBN 0 646241 44 3, PB 152p, AUD$24.95 plus freight, trade welcome.

For further information and orders for this latest teaching resource,
contact your local educational book seller (please give them our contact
details), or the publisher directly (we dispatch daily, word-wide):

Gerd Stabler, AEE Publishers
PO Box 5806, Gold Coast Mail Centre
Queensland  9726, Australia
Tel: 07 5562 1130, Fax: 07 5562 1140
Mobile: 041 923 1998
e-mail: aeegerd at onthenet.com.au

VOLUME 3, Making Sense of Teaching Reading
  also by Dr. Linda Gerot
is forthcoming and should be available late 1998.

Please record your interest in this title, and we will notify you
the moment it is available and deduct a 20% discount especially
for you when ordering volume 3.

In the meantime, please enjoy Volume 1 and 2, bestsellers on both sides of
the horizon.

ADDITIONALLY,we are looking for new authors to contribute to this series:
Making Sense of Language

Please contact the publisher: AEE (aeegerd at onthenet.com.au)

THANK YOU

United States clients may like to contact:
DOMINIE PRESS, INC
1949 Kellogg Ave, Carlsbad CA 92008
Tel. 619 431 8000, Fax. 619 431 8777
e-mail: rayuen at dominie.com

Canadian Clients should contact:
Pippin Publishing
c/- General Distribution Services
325 Humber College Blvd
Toronto, Ontario  M9W 7C3
Tel. 416 502 1262, Fax. 416 502 1101

Middle East, please contact:
The Kuwait Bookshop Co Ltd
PO Box 2942
13030 Safat
Kuwait
Tel: 965  242 4266 & 242 4289
Fax: 965  242 0558

UK clients:  We need your help, please!
To-date we have been unable to locate a bookseller
to distribute these titles in the UK and beyond.

Thank you for your time and interest.

            Publisher's backlists

The following contributing LINGUIST publishers have made their
backlists available on the World Wide Web:

1998 Contributors:

Major Supporters:

Addison Wesley Longman
	http://www.awl-he.com/linguistics/
Blackwell Publishers
	http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/
Cambridge University Press
	http://www.cup.cam.ac.uk/
Edinburgh University Press
	http://www.eup.ed.ac.uk/
Garland Publishing
	http://www.garlandpub.com/
Holland Academic Graphics (HAG)
	http://www.hag.nl
Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc.
	http://www.erlbaum.com/inform.htm
MIT Press (Books Division)
Mouton de Gruyter
	http://www.deGruyter.de/hling.html
Oxford University Press
	http://www.oup.co.uk/
Routledge
	http://www.routledge.com/
Summer Institute of Linguistics
	http://www.sil.org/

Other Supporting Publishers:

Cascadilla Press:
        http://www.cascadilla.com/
CSLI Publications:
	http://csli-www.stanford.edu/publications/
Francais Practique
	http://www.pratique.fr/
Lodz University, Department of English Language
Utrech Institute of Linguistics