9.776, Sum: Dominant-Recessive Harmony

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 24 23:04:56 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-776. Mon May 25 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.776, Sum: Dominant-Recessive Harmony

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 23 May 1998 13:30:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:  "Eric J. Bakovic" <bakovic at rci.rutgers.edu>
Subject:  Summary: Dominant-Recessive Harmony

Date:  Sat, 23 May 1998 13:30:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:  "Eric J. Bakovic" <bakovic at rci.rutgers.edu>

Dear LINGUIST Listers,

A while back I posted a request for information about
dominant-recessive vowel harmony systems.  I received a number of
Beckwith, Roderic Casali, Dan Everett, Markus Hiller, Steven
McCartney, David Odden, Sheri Lyn Pargman, and Andrew Spencer for
taking the time to respond.

Below I've attached my original message followed by summary excerpts
from some of the responses.  I hope you find this as useful as I have.

- Eric Bakovic
  bakovic at rci.rutgers.edu