9.805, Qs: Constructivism, Radio System, Decipherment

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri May 29 15:29:23 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-805. Fri May 29 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.805, Qs: Constructivism, Radio System, Decipherment

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 28 May 1998 20:01:15 +0200
From:  Ralf <Ralf.Vollmann at kfunigraz.ac.at>
Subject:  Constructivism and linguistics

2)
Date:  Thu, 28 May 1998 17:25:00 -0400
From:  Leide Porcu <lp76 at columbia.edu>
Subject:  radio system

3)
Date:  Fri, 29 May 1998 11:58:44 EDT
From:  <ECOLING at aol.com>
Subject:  Decipherment resources and hand shapes

Date:  Thu, 28 May 1998 20:01:15 +0200
From:  Ralf <Ralf.Vollmann at kfunigraz.ac.at>

Constructivism and linguistics

I am trying to construe concepts of linguistic approaches within the
science-theoretical thinking of constructivist theory. apart from the
fact that for construing something, one needs colleagues willing to
construe concepts in the same way or at least accepting the construction
one is construing, i am wondering whether there are already any models
and concepts and applications out there which are construed on the basis
of constructivism or whether there are linguists who had the same idea.
- -- At once i have to mention w.u. dressler (vienna) and
(international) colleagues in a child language research program. and I
would assume that the 'social construction of reality' approach might
have surfaced in sociolinguistic research. i don't know of any other
approaches.
- -- In case anybody is simply interested in constructivism, i am
willing to send some information via email -- keywords:
self-organisation, system theory, social construction of reality.
- -- i will of course post a summary.
thanks & best regards,
ralf vollmann,
institute of linguistics, university of graz, merangasse 70, A-8010
graz, austria; Ralf.Vollmann at kfunigraz.ac.at, ralf at kfs.oeaw.ac.at