9.1528, Disc: German Spelling Reform

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 2 09:27:22 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1528. Mon Nov 2 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1528, Disc: German Spelling Reform

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:19:23 -0500 (EST)
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org (The LINGUIST List)
Subject:  Moderators' Note

2)
Date:  Sat, 31 Oct 1998 17:44:53 -0500
From:  faber at lenny.haskins.yale.edu (Alice Faber)
Subject:  Re: 9.1520, Disc: German Spelling Reform

3)
Date:  Sat, 31 Oct 1998 21:04:09 -0500
From:  "Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim at worldnet.att.net>

4)
Date:  Sun, 01 Nov 1998 02:17:03 +0100
From:  David Gil <gil at eva.mpg.de>
Subject:  spelling

5)
Date:  Sun, 1 Nov 1998 19:49:01 +0100
From:  "John R. Rennison" <john at ling.univie.ac.at>
Subject:  Re: 9.1517, Disc: German Spelling

Date:  Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:19:23 -0500 (EST)
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org (The LINGUIST List)

We are posting the following messages with some trepidation, because
we don't want to further disseminate quotations from a message we
should never have posted in the first place.  However, we believe that
those criticized deserve the right of reply, and to delete the message
they quote would destroy the coherence of the responses.  Hence, we
are once again asking for subscriber cooperation; please take this
posting in the spirit in which it is meant (i.e. as an end to ad
hominem interchanges).