9.1395, Jobs: General, Translator/syntacticians

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 7 21:41:35 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1395. Wed Oct 7 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1395, Jobs: General, Translator/syntacticians

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 06 Oct 1998 16:30:16 +0100
From:  "E.Jaworska" <e.jaworska at bangor.ac.uk>
Subject:  University of Wales Bangor: Lectureship in Linguistics

2)
Date:  Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:29:37 -1000 (HST)
From:  "Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D." <bralich at hawaii.edu>
Subject:  Patent Translator/Syntacticians needed at Ergo

Date:  Tue, 06 Oct 1998 16:30:16 +0100
From:  "E.Jaworska" <e.jaworska at bangor.ac.uk>

                SCHOOL OF ENGLISH AND LINGUISTICS

		Department of Linguistics

Applications are invited for a Lectureship in Linguistics, tenable from
1st January 1999 or as soon as possible thereafter. The person appointed
will be expected to play a key role in the development of our new BA in
Engli sh Language. Applications from candidates with teaching and
research interests in stylistics (literary and non-literary) or language
variation are particularly welcome..

Applicants should have a PhD and a strong record in teaching and
research relative to their age and experience.

The appointment will be on the Lecturer Scale: L16,6555-L29,048
(sterling).

Application forms and further particulars can be obtained from
	Personnel Services
	University of Wales, Bangor
	Bangor
	Gwynedd LL57 2DG
	U.K.

Tel. (01248) 382926. E-mail: pos020 at bangor.ac.uk

Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Professor Jenny Thomas,
Linguistics Department, University of Wales, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG.
Tel. (01248) 382270. Email: jenny.thomas at bangor.ac.uk

Please quote reference number 98/181 when applying.

Closing date for applications: Friday 6th November 1998.

COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES

Visit our Web Pages:  http://www/linguistics.bangor.ac.uk/
SCHOOL OF ENGLISH AND LINGUISTICS, Department of Linguistics

                                 FURTHER PARTICULARS

Applications are invited for a Lectureship in the Linguistics, tenable
from 1st January 1999 or as soon as possible thereafter.

>>From September 1999 the Department will be introducing two new degree
schemes, in English Language and in English Language and Literature. The
person appointed will be expected to play a major role in the teaching,
development and administration of these degree schemes. Applicants
should have research and teaching interests in one or more of the
following areas: stylistics (literary and non-literary) or language
variation, and be able to teach courses relating to language and the
media. The ability to offer courses in the History of English or in
Corpus Linguistics would be an advantage.

Applicants should have completed their PhD and should have a strong
record in teaching and research relative to their age and experience.

The appointment will be on the Lecturer Scale: L16,6555-L29,048
(sterling).

Application forms and further particulars can be obtained from Personnel
Services, University of Wales, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG.  Tel. (01248)
382926. Email: pos020 at bangor.ac.uk

Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Professor Jenny Thomas,
Linguistics Department, University of Wales, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG.
Tel. (01248) 382270. Email: Jenny.Thomas at Bangor.ac.uk

Please quote reference number 98/181 when applying.

Closing date for applications: Friday, 6th November 1998.

Department of Linguistics   | URL:  http://www.linguistics.bangor.ac.uk/
University of Wales, Bangor | FAX:  +44 1248 38 29 28
Bangor LL57 2DG		    |
Wales			    |                       Visit our web pages!