9.1421, FYI: Statistical NLP, New On-Line Mag, African Lang

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 11 02:48:27 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1421. Sun Oct 11 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1421, FYI: Statistical NLP, New On-Line Mag, African Lang

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:07:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:  Joakim Nivre <nivre at ling.gu.se>
Subject:  Teaching resources for statistical NLP

2)
Date:  Thu, 8 Oct 1998 01:07:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:  olivier andre <aaeesit at yahoo.com>
Subject:  New on-line magzine dedicated to translation and interpretation

3)
Date:  Wed, 07 Oct 1998 15:00:09 +0000
From:  Nicolai <nicolai at taloa.unice.fr>

Date:  Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:07:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:  Joakim Nivre <nivre at ling.gu.se>

Dear all,

I am developing a web-based course on statistical NLP,
part of which will be an "archive" of data, tools and
other resources that can be used for student projects.
I am grateful for all contributions, either in the form
of actual stuff that I can install on our server and make
available to the community, or in the form of links to
other web sites where the material is available. A general
condition is that the material should be freely available,
so that students can download it and use it without hassle.

If you want to have a look at the course and the resources
collected so far, you will find it at:
http://www.ling.gu.se/~nivre/kurser/wwwstat/index.html
All comments and suggestions are welcome, but remember
that the site is still under construction.

Best regards,
Joakim Nivre

Goteborg University
Department of Linguistics