9.1422, Qs: Rhyme among Languages, Verbs/Inert Perception

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 11 20:56:19 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1422. Sun Oct 11 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1422, Qs: Rhyme among Languages, Verbs/Inert Perception

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 11 Oct 1998 07:58:35 -0700
From:  "Chris Li" <chris.li at england.com>
Subject:  Rhyme between  different languages

2)
Date:  Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:28:58 +0900
From:  Minako NAKAYASU <nakayasu at kwc-u.ac.jp>
Subject:  Verbs of Inert Perception

Date:  Sun, 11 Oct 1998 07:58:35 -0700
From:  "Chris Li" <chris.li at england.com>

Dear all,

I am looking for studies of rhyme between words of different languages --
in poetry/song lyrics that either (1) employ more than one language,
or (2) use a lot of non-nativized loanwords.  This I need for a study of the
rhyming behavior of non-nativized English loanwords in Mandarin pop lyrics,
which are surprisingly many!  I'd be grateful for any information on case
studies or theoretical work in this area.

Chris

- -

Chris Wen-Chao Li, D.Phil.
Assistant Professor of Linguistics
Graduate Institute of Translation & Interpretation
Department of English Language & Literature
National Taiwan Normal University