10.502, Qs: Communication, Gist-reading

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 8 03:35:58 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-502. Wed Apr 7 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.502, Qs: Communication, Gist-reading

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 05 Apr 1999 17:38:52 -0800
From:  "Doris Van Kampen" <vankamd at angelfire.com>
Subject:  Computer Mediated Communication

2)
Date:  Wed, 07 Apr 1999 01:04:14 PDT
From:  "Natalya Lukashevich" <nataluk at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Gist-reading

Date:  Mon, 05 Apr 1999 17:38:52 -0800
From:  "Doris Van Kampen" <vankamd at angelfire.com>

Hello;

I am a docotoral student at the University of Central Florida, in C&I.
In order to receive credit for a class in qualitative research we must
conduct a survey on a topic of interest to ourselves. It should have
some connection with our conception for our dissertation.  My
dissertation topic is going to be in the area of technology and
gender; therefore I would like to get some feedback on how this is
impacted in Computer Mediated Communication.

My survey questions are brief; there are eight questions, and narrow-
only focusing on the thread dealing with ASL and choclear implants.

If you feel that you have the time to complete this survey, (including
those persons who did not actually participate in the discussion)
please contact me for the complete survey at vankamd at angelfire.com

Thank You

Doris Van Kampen