10.557, Qs: Humor, African Names, Reviews, Readability Code

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Apr 18 23:26:43 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-557. Sun Apr 18 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.557, Qs: Humor, African Names, Reviews, Readability Code

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 17 Apr 1999 21:58:00 +1000
From:  Anne Menis <anne.menis at arts.monash.edu.au>
Subject:  Translation of humour

2)
Date:  Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:01:36 -0400
From:  Wilma Pendleton <phpendw at ph.cc.va.us>
Subject:  Wangero Leewanika Kemanjo

3)
Date:  Sat, 17 Apr 1999 21:28:37 +0200
From:  maulm001 at mail.uni-mainz.de (Mathias Maul)
Subject:  Review articles wanted

4)
Date:  Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:29:19 -0400
From:  "Pierre Asselin" <zycor at magi.com>
Subject:  Readability formulae

Date:  Sat, 17 Apr 1999 21:58:00 +1000
From:  Anne Menis <anne.menis at arts.monash.edu.au>

I am writing my Honours thesis on the topic "pragmatic implications of
the translation of humour".  In other words the problems in
inter-cultural communication in the discourse of translation,
concentrating on humour and its effects in this area.  If anyone has
any information or tips, I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Anne Menis