10.1209, Jobs: Faculty/Japan, R&D/Natural Lang Understanding

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 16 20:41:33 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1209. Mon Aug 16 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1209, Jobs: Faculty/Japan, R&D/Natural Lang Understanding

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:12:31 +0900 (JST)
From:  Seiki Ayano <ayano at human.mie-u.ac.jp>
Subject:  faculty position at Mie University, Japan

2)
Date:  Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:39:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Yannick Lallement <yannick at NOVATOR.COM>
Subject:  R&D/Natural Lang Understanding

Date:  Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:12:31 +0900 (JST)
From:  Seiki Ayano <ayano at human.mie-u.ac.jp>

Linguistics and English Language Teaching Position in Mie, Japan.

The Division of English Studies in the Faculty of Humanities and Social
Sciences at Mie University announces a non-tenure-track opening at the
lecturer level, beginning September 1, 2000 for two years (maybe
renewable for one more year).

The successful candidate will be required to teach a course in
linguistics, one in American and British cultural studies and four in
English speaking and writing skills.  Each course meets once a week for
90 minutes; an academic year consists of thirty teaching weeks.

We are seeking a native speaker of English with (preferably) a PhD in
linguistics, publications and evidence of scholarly potential.  Teaching
experience at the tertiary level is preferred.

Review of candidates begins August, 17, and will continue until the
position is filled (possibly by early September).  Please send c.v.,
names and addresses of two references to:

Professor Takeshi Ikenaga
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Mie University
1515 Kamihama, Tsu
Mie 514-8507
Japan.

Mie University is a national, comprehensive university and is
approximately a one-hour train ride from Nagoya.

Informal inquiries about the position should be sent to Seiki Ayano at
ayano at human.mie-u.ac.jp.