10.1919, Jobs: Language Modeling/Consultants/California

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Dec 12 23:02:46 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1919. Sun Dec 12 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1919, Jobs: Language Modeling/Consultants/California

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:15:32 -0800
From:  June.HAASE at adecco.com
Subject:  Language Modeling/Consultant

Date:  Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:15:32 -0800
From:  June.HAASE at adecco.com

I am working on the following job for Sony Electronics, here in San Jose, CA:

6 month long contract language modeling consultant
position available in San Jose, CA at $40-70 per hour.
The Spoken Language Technology group at Sony in San
Jose, CA, is seeking candidates to fill a full-time
(40 hours/week) temporary (6 months) position in
Language Modeling for Speech Recognition.  Primary
work centers around various tasks needed to develop
statistical language models for a Hidden Markov Model
based Continuous Speech Recognizer developed by
Sony.  You will work in Sony Electronics' main
building in San Jose, in an R&D environment with
flexible working hours.
Skills:
- Experience in grammar formalisms for natural
language modeling
- Experience in statistical language modeling
techniques for continuous speech recognition.
- Programming experience in C/C++, Perl, Tcl/Tk.
- Knowledge of text corpora, including corpus
generation and processing.
- Well-versed in UNIX (Solaris)
- Working knowledge of the CMU Language Modeling
Toolkit or similar is a strong plus.
- Prefer exposure to real-time search techniques for
HMM-based recognizers.
- Prefer Bachelor's or Master's Degree in
Computational Linguistics and/or Computer Science with
emphasis in Language Technology.
Sorry, no third parties or H1B.  Please email resume
to june.haase at adecco.com and reference job no. 4185.

My agency does not charge applicants and we are an equal opportunity employer.

June Haase
Lead Technical Recruiter
Adecco TAD Technical
408-328-0768