10.1945, FYI: MA program in Mexico,Tibetan Info,ACL 2000 Form

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 16 04:38:35 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1945. Wed Dec 15 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1945, FYI: MA program in Mexico,Tibetan Info,ACL 2000 Form

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 06 Mar 2001 00:32:17 -0600
From:  MAYELLA ALMAZAN ARREOLA <maye at sunserver.dsi.uaq.mx>
Subject:  MA program in Mexico

2)
Date:  Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:03:43 -0600
From:  Don Stilwell <dstilwell at ghg.net>
Subject:  Paper and data on Tibetan available for download

3)
Date:  Tue, 14 Dec 99 18:20:03 EST
From:  Priscilla Rasmussen <rasmusse at cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject:  ACL 2000 Membership/Order Form

Date:  Tue, 06 Mar 2001 00:32:17 -0600
From:  MAYELLA ALMAZAN ARREOLA <maye at sunserver.dsi.uaq.mx>

MASTER´S PROGRAM IN LINGUISTICS AT THE UNIVERSIDAD DE QUERETARO
(MEXICO)WITH SPECIAL FOCUS ON: DESCRIPTIVE LINGUISTICS (OTOPAMEAN
LANGUAGES), LANGUAGE ACQUISITION (L1 & L2), SPANISH SYNTAX-SEMANTICS AND
COGNITIVE LINGUISTICS.

THE BASIC PROGRAM CONCENTRATES ON PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH A SOLID TRAINING
IN LINGUISTIC ANALYSIS, OFFERING COURSES ON FORMAL AND FUNCTIONAL
APPROACHES TO PHONOLOGY, MORPHOLOGY, SYNTAX, SEMANTICS AND PRAGMATICS.
NEVERTHELESS, THE MOST DISTINCTIVE TRAIT OF THIS PROGRAM IS ITS OVERALL
EMPHASIS ON THE COGNITIVE APPROACH TO LANGUAGE. SPECIALIZED SEMINARS ARE
OFFERED IN THE AREAS MENTIONED. IN THESE SEMINARS, STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO
DEVELOP THEIR OWN RESEARCH PROJECTS, WHICH WILL BECOME THE BASIS FOR THEIR
MASTER´S THESES.

QUERETARO IS A BEAUTIFUL COLONIAL CITY WITH A POPULATION OF APPROXIMATELY
ONE MILLION. IT IS LOCATED JUST TWO HOURS NORTHWEST OF MEXICO CITY. ITS
WEATHER IS RANKED AMONGST THE BEST OF MEXICO AND OTOPAMEAN LANGUAGES ARE
SPOKEN IN THE AREA.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE REFER TO:

http://www.uaq.mx/lenguas/maestria/ling.html

OR CONTACT US AT

MASTER´S PROGRAM IN LINGUISTICS/FLL
UNIVERSIDAD DE QUERETARO