10.160, FYI: Lang. Learning Technology, Eurolinguistics

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 3 05:50:57 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-160. Wed Feb 3 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.160, FYI: Lang. Learning Technology, Eurolinguistics

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:   Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:10:34 -1000
From:  Language Learning & Technology <llt at hawaii.edu>
Subject:  Language Learning Technology Vol. 2, No. 2 is available

2)
Date:  Tue,  2 Feb 99 23:02:19 +0300
From:  "Vadim B. Kassevitch" <kasevich at vbk.usr.pu.ru>
Subject:  Foundation of the Eurolinguistic Circle

Date:   Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:10:34 -1000
From:  Language Learning & Technology <llt at hawaii.edu>

We are happy to announce the publication of Vol. 2, No. 2 of Language
Learning & Technology < http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt >, an
international refereed online journal for second and foreign language
educators.

Please visit the LLT web site and be sure to enter your free
subscription if you have not already done so.  Also, we welcome your
submissions of articles, reviews, and commentaries for Vol. 3, No. 1
and future issues as well. Check our guidelines for submission at
<http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt/contrib.html>.

Irene Thompson, Mark Warschauer, and Lucinda Hart-Gonzlez
Editors, Language Learning & Technology
llt-editors at hawaii.edu

FEATURE ARTICLES
Teaching Text and Context through Multimedia
by Claire Kramsch & Roger W. Andersen

"Reflective Conversation" in the
Virtual Language Classroom
by Marie-Nolle Lamy & Robin Goodfellow

Using Automatic Speech Processing for
Foreign Language Pronunciation Tutoring:
Some Issues and a Prototype
by Maxine Eskenazi

Considerations in Developing or
Using Second/Foreign Language Proficiency
Computer-Adaptive Tests
by Patricia A. Dunkel

COMMENTARY
"What's in a Gloss?"
A response to Lara L. Lomicka's "To Gloss
or Not to Gloss": An Investigation of Reading
Comprehension Online (Vol. 1, No. 2)
by Warren B. Roby

COLUMNS
>>From the Editors
by Irene Thompson, Mark Warschauer,
& Lucinda Hart-Gonzlez, Editors

On the Net
Agora Language Marketplace
by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies
Mobile Computing and Language Learning
by Bob Godwin-Jones

Announcements
News from Sponsoring Organizations

REVIEWS
Oral Language Archive
Reviewed by Claire Bradin

Pasos Vivos 1
Reviewed by Joseph Collentine

Language Learning Online: Theory and Practice
in the ESL and L2 Computer Classroom
Reviewed by Jzsef Horvth

CALL FOR PAPERS
Theme: Literacies and Technologies