10.165, Support: Research Studentships/Early Modern English

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 3 20:59:38 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-165. Wed Feb 3 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.165, Support: Research Studentships/Early Modern English

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:47:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:  Jonathan Hope <J.Hope at mdx.ac.uk>
Subject:  Research Studentships: Early Modern English

Date:  Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:47:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:  Jonathan Hope <J.Hope at mdx.ac.uk>

Research Studentships

The School of Humanities and Cultural Studies at Middlesex University,
London, UK is offering four fully funded three-year research
studentships (incorporating maintenance grant 6,855, teaching bursary
1,200 and full-time fees) in English Studies.

The studentships will be in two fields:  English literature, drama,
language and culture of the early modern period; and twentieth century
fiction, especially that of the later century, with particular
emphasis on issues of gender and sexuality.

As a potential supervisor of successful applicants, I would be very
interested in hearing from students with an interest in pursuing a PhD
topic on any aspect of Early Modern English (literary or
non-literary).  I have just begun a research project in collaboration
with the Arden Shakespeare, and would hope that anyone taking up a
studentship in this area would wish to become involved.

Please feel free to contact me informally: J.Hope at mdx.ac.uk

For further information and application forms please contact:  Anna
Pavlakos, School of Humanities and Cultural Studies, Middlesex
University, White Hart Lane, London N17 8HR, UK.
email:
a.pavlakos at mdx.ac.uk

tel.: 0181 362 5363

Jonathan Hope