10.186, Qs: Arabic, Turkish, Preposition Stranding

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 6 23:34:11 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-186. Sat Feb 6 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.186, Qs: Arabic, Turkish, Preposition Stranding

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 06 Feb 1999 12:44:52 +0400
From:  HASSAN RASHID SHUQAIR <hshuqair at squ.edu.om>
Subject:  Stylistic Features in Modern Arabic

2)
Date:  Sat, 6 Feb 1999 04:41:50 EST
From:  JMClifton at aol.com
Subject:  Turkic Discourse Structure

3)
Date:  Sat, 6 Feb 1999 19:19:43 +0100
From:  StThGries at t-online.de (Stefan Thomas Gries)
Subject:  Preposition Stranding

Date:  Sat, 06 Feb 1999 12:44:52 +0400
From:  HASSAN RASHID SHUQAIR <hshuqair at squ.edu.om>

Dear Colleagues

One of our TAs is planning to do his graduate studies in
STyLISTICS. His background is Arabic, i.e. he has an M.A. in Arabic
Lang and lit. His main concern is the stylistic features in Modern
Arabic poetry (mainly Omani and Gulf poetry) in the 20th century. He
is looking for a good school(in USA or UK) which can offer this so he
can apply to get an admisssion. Your advise is highly recommended.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Hassan