10.231, FYI: Asian Language Programs, Chinese studies

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Feb 14 04:17:28 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-231. Sat Feb 13 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.231, FYI: Asian Language Programs, Chinese studies

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:36:12 -0500
From:  murray.45 at osu.edu (Judson Murray)
Subject:  East Asian Intensive Summer Programs

2)
Date:  12 Feb 99 17:05:58 EST
From:  Ricki Li <TCSE_MS_LI at usa.net>
Subject:  Chinese studies

Date:  Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:36:12 -0500
From:  murray.45 at osu.edu (Judson Murray)

The Ohio State University, Summer Programs East Asian Concentration
(SPEAC): Training Programs for Teachers of Japanese and Chinese and
Intensive Chinese and Japanese Language Programs

The Ohio State University Department of East Asian Languages and
Literatures, in conjunction with the OSU National Foreign Language
Resource Center, is offering intensive summer programs for teachers of
Japanese and Chinese and learners of Chinese and Japanese during the
summer of 1999.  The Training Program for Teachers of Japanese is an
intensive seven-week (June 21 - August 6) training program which
develops participants' Japanese teaching skills through lectures,
master classes, workshops, and hands-on teaching.  Professor Mari Noda
of The Ohio State University, co-author of Japanese: The Spoken
Language, is director of the Training Program for Teachers of
Japanese.  The Training Program for Teachers of Chinese is an
intensive three-week (June 21 - July 9) training program which
develops participants' Chinese teaching skills through lectures and
master classes.  The ten-week (June 21 - August 27) intensive Chinese
(Levels I and IV) and Japanese (Levels I, II, and IV) language
programs allow learners of Chinese and Japanese to complete one level
of language study during the summer quarter.  Applicants who submit
their application materials prior to March 12, 1999 will receive
priority consideration for admission and fellowships.  The final
deadline is April 5, 1999.

For more information and/or an application, please contact:

Judson Murray
SPEAC Coordinator
Foreign Language Center
The Ohio State University