10.264, Qs: "Cohesion", Present Perfects, Nama Language

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 19 04:30:33 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-264. Thu Feb 18 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.264, Qs: "Cohesion", Present Perfects, Nama Language

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:24:14 +0800
From:  "THOMAS lEE" <lifuyin at public.qd.sd.cn>
Subject:  "Metaphorical Cohesion"

2)
Date:  Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:32:33 +0900 (JST)
From:  YANAGI Tomohiro <a986703d at eds.ecip.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Subject:  Present Perfects

3)
Date:  Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:32:33 +1100
From:  Claire Bowern <C.Bowern at student.anu.edu.au>
Subject:  Nama Language Materials

Date:  Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:24:14 +0800
From:  "THOMAS lEE" <lifuyin at public.qd.sd.cn>

Dear Linguists

I'm writing a paper on the topic of "Metaphorical Cohesion".  I have
an intuition that Lakoff's 'Conceptual Metaphor' (metaphor is
cross-domain mapping) has a great value in M.A.K.Halliday's functional
linguistics, esp. in 'Cohesion'.But until now I can't find anything to
relate metaphor to cohesion. It would be most appreciated if anyone
could offer any kind of data about this topic.

e-mail:lifuyin at public.qd.sd.cn