10.269, Qs: Extraction, Political metaphor, Dictionary

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 19 21:01:03 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-269. Fri Feb 19 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.269, Qs: Extraction, Political metaphor, Dictionary

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:23:29 +0900
From:  Toru Ishii <ISHII-Toru/comm at king.cc.kitami-it.ac.jp>
Subject:  Extraction out of shifted objects

2)
Date:  Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:14:58 +0100 (MET)
From:  nasalski at smail.Uni-Koeln.DE
Subject:  Political Metaphors in Arabic

3)
Date:  Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:41:52 +0100
From:  Antony Dubach Green <green at zas.gwz-berlin.de>
Subject:  Irish-German dictionary

Date:  Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:23:29 +0900
From:  Toru Ishii <ISHII-Toru/comm at king.cc.kitami-it.ac.jp>

Dear Linguists,

I'm working on "extraction domains."  Can anyone tell me whether
A'-extraction out of an object is legitimate in Germanic languages
when overt Object Shift takes place?  Is there any contrast regarding
"extraction domains" between shifted objects and unshifted objects?
Due to restrictions on overt Object Shift, it may be difficult to come
up with any minimal pair.  But, it would be most appreciated if anyone
could offer any kind of data about this topic.

Thanks

Toru Ishii
E-mail:  ISHII-Toru/comm at king.cc.kitami-it.ac.jp