10.2, Qs: Terms, Black English, Contractions, Morphemes

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 5 03:39:39 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-2. Tue Jan 5 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.2, Qs: Terms, Black English, Contractions, Morphemes

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 26 Dec 1998 10:06:09 PST
From:  "tatyana venkel" <tavenk at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Colour terms in literature

2)
Date:  29 Dec 1998 14:31:48 EDT
From:  Ghing at BBS.PINOS.COM
Subject:  Black English

3)
Date:  Thu, 24 Dec 1998 19:38:40 -0000
From:  "Alan Smith" <Alan.Smith at newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject:  Contractions in English

4)
Date:  Sun, 03 Jan 1999 16:29:40 PST
From:  "mekki mustafa" <yamekk at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Zero morphemes in Arabic

Date:  Sat, 26 Dec 1998 10:06:09 PST
From:  "tatyana venkel" <tavenk at hotmail.com>

I will be very grateful to everyone who shares the information or
research results on using colour terms in modern English and American
literature (XIX-XX centuries, to be more precise).I'm greatly
interested in your points of view on the difference of colour terms
choice in the works of literature of different genres, e.g. detective
stories, humorous stories, horror novels etc. I have already analysed
the works of Edgar Poe, Scott Fitzgerald, Muriel Spark, Oscar
Wilde. If anyone is interested in my results, contact me.

Many thanks in advance!

Tanya Venkel