10.104, FYI: International Research, Ergo's ATIS results

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 22 22:08:10 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-104. Fri Jan 22 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.104, FYI: International Research, Ergo's ATIS results

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:53:25 -0500
From:  Information Assistant <irex at irex.org>
Subject:  IREX Announces Sixth Annual US Education Fair

2)
Date:  Sun, 17 Jan 1999 07:03:40 -0500
From:  "Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D." <bralich at lava.net>
Subject:  Ergo's ATIS results

Date:  Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:53:25 -0500
From:  Information Assistant <irex at irex.org>

IREX Announces Sixth Annual US Education Fair
26-27 March 1999, Moscow, Russia

Sponsored by the United States Information Agency (USIA)
Administered by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX)

REGISTRATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15,1999

For a registration form and additional information visit: http://www.useic.ru

The 1999 US Education Fair in Moscow is an opportunity for universities to
diversify and recruit Russian students from a rapidly expanding market with
great future growth potential.

The 1996-1997 Institute of International Educations (IIE) Open Doors
statistics shows 6,200 Russian students studying in the US.  From the
European student market, the number of Russian students studying in the US
is currently in third place after Germany (8,990), and the United Kingdom
(7,357).  Russia has already surpassed the number of students from France
(5,692).

ABOUT THE FAIR

The Moscow EIC is the largest USIA-sponsored source of information on US
education in the Newly Independent States.  It receives more than 50,000
inquiries yearly from students interested in US study.  Staff of the
IREX-administrated Moscow Education Information Center (EIC) will organize
and host the event.

The 1998 US Education Fair was a great success with attendance of
approximately 2,000 students from 126 institutions of higher education and
22 schools.

Results of a survey conducted at the 1998 US Education Fair indicated that
students are interested in the following:

- 53% Graduate Studies (28% MBA Programs)
- 23% Undergraduate Programs
- 9% Short-Term/Certificate Programs
- 5% High School Exchanges
- 10% Other

Contact the Moscow Educational Advisers with questions and to register by
February 15.

Dova Wilson: dova at useic.ru
Natalya Rozanova: natasha at useic.ru
Alla Mironenko: anm at useic.ru