10.120, Qs: Noun clusters, Obj->Sub Raising, Similar to

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 28 00:19:02 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-120. Wed Jan 27 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.120, Qs: Noun clusters, Obj->Sub Raising, Similar to

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:43:13 +0200
From:  "Agathopoulou Lena" <agatho at enl.auth.gr>
Subject:  noun clusters versus genitive

2)
Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:58:54 -0600
From:  Mark Davies <mdavies at mail.ilstu.edu>
Subject:  Obj->Sub Raising (Span/Port, Old Romance, Latin)

3)
Date:  Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:02:09 +0000
From:  guenter radden <fs2a501 at uni-hamburg.de>
Subject:  "Similar to" and "Different from"

Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:43:13 +0200
From:  "Agathopoulou Lena" <agatho at enl.auth.gr>

Dear colleagues

I'm doing a preliminary error-based investigation into the use of noun
clusters versus genitive -'s or of-constructions. This seems to be an
area of confusion to Greek EFL learners. Can anybody give me some
helpe here?  Suggested bibliography/articles?

Thanks you

Eleni Agathopoulou
D/ment of Linguistics
School of English
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
agatho at enl.auth.gr