10.131, TOC: Glot International

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 29 06:05:07 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-131. Fri Jan 29 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.131, TOC: Glot International

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:57:23 +0100
From:  Rint Sybesma <rint at hagpub.com>
Subject:  ToC: Glot International 3-9/10

Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:57:23 +0100
From:  Rint Sybesma <rint at hagpub.com>

Table of Contents of
G l o t   I n t e r n a t i o n a l   3 - 9 / 1 0
Editors: Lisa L.-S. Cheng & Rint Sybesma

(Remember: Subscribe before 31 January 1999 and get one HAG-book for free!)

State-of-the-article
J.-Marc Authier on Semantics and the generative enterprise
"Could it then be that generative grammar, which claims to be a theory of
language, has little to say about meaning-related phenomena?"

Dissertations
"Phonetics and phonology of Japanese vowel devoicing" by Ayako Tsuchida
(Cornell, 1997)
Reviewed by Daniel Recasens

"In the event of focus" by Elena Herburger (University of Southern
California, 1997)
reviewed by Regine Eckardt

"La determinacion y la modificacion nominal en Espanol" by Francesc Roca
(Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 1997)
reviewed by Elena E. Benedicto

Book reviews
Tal Siloni's "Noun phrases and nominalizations. The syntax of DP"
reviewed by Roberto Zamparelli

Columns
Elan Dresher on The formalist in the field
Neil Smith on Dissociations

Goodies
"Modeling lexical-semantic processes using WordNet"
by Paul A. Watters and Malti Patel

Interview
"It makes sense that we also find out how language is used!"
An interview with Tanya Reinhart, by Lisa Cheng and Rint Sybesma

Conference reports
Workshop on VO and OV by Peter Svenonius
Student conference in Linguistics 10 by Kleanthes K. Grohmann
Workshop on the Effects of Morphological Case by Marjon Helmantel

Extra
The Number of Death, A Linguistic Mystery in Eight Installments
by Chris Sidney Tappan
Chapter 8: Conclusions

News: Dissertation prizes

Index to Glot International Volume 3

Glot International is published by Holland Academic Graphics
http://www.hagpub.com

Holland Academic Graphics
PO Box 53292
2505 AG The Hague