10.1068, Jobs: ESL/EFL, Associate Lecturers in English

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 14 16:13:46 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1068. Wed Jul 14 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1068, Jobs: ESL/EFL, Associate Lecturers in English

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:28:07 -0700
From:  Jong Kun Lee <jklee at chungkye.mokpo.ac.kr>
Subject:  ESL/EFL Position in South Korea

2)
Date:  Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:41:41 +0900
From:  gregory at gol.com
Subject:  Associate Lecturers in English

Date:  Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:28:07 -0700
From:  Jong Kun Lee <jklee at chungkye.mokpo.ac.kr>

The Foreign Language Center of Mokpo National University seeks a
qualified ESL/EFL instructor.

 Mokpo National University, founded in 1946, is located in Mokpo and
Muan, the southwest part of Korea, and has some 7,000 students. The
Foreign Language Center offers a variety of conversational English
courses at beginning and intermediate levels.

 CONTRACT PERIOD
 The contract period is for one year, from September 1, 1999 to August
31, 2000. Contract may be renewed upon the agreement of both parties.

 DUTIES
 There are 20 teaching hours per week, Monday through Friday. Overtime
hours may be allocated at the discretion of the Director of the Foreign
Language Center. These will be compensated at standard overtime rate.

 QUALIFICATIONS
 A native speaker of English. M.A.in TESOL/ESL/EFL degree required (No
exception). Two or more years' teaching experience preferred but not
necessary.

 SALARY AND BENEFITS
 2,000,000 WON (approximately 1,680 U.S. dollars) per month. Return air
fare (up to 1,000,000 WON) and a bonus equivalent to one month's salary
will be paid upon successful completion of the contract. Benefits
include subsidized Korean Health Insurance, an office with a personal
computer, guaranteed six weeks' paid vacation and a furnished apartment.

 In spite of Korea's current economic difficulties, the university
salary is sufficient to sustain a comfortable life as well as permit
travel around Asia.

 Please send a cover letter and resume to the following e-mail address
by July 23, 1999: jklee at chungkye.mokpo.ac.kr

 If you need further information, please feel free to ask.
 My name is Jong Kun Lee. My e-mail address is
 jklee at chungkye.mokpo.ac.kr
 and my fax number is +82-636-450-2124.