10.330, Qs: Proficiency test, Taxonomy, "ministre", Gender

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 2 23:29:54 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-330. Tue Mar 2 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.330, Qs: Proficiency test, Taxonomy, "ministre", Gender

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 02 Mar 1999 00:27:19 PST
From:  "maryanto maryanto" <mmaryanto at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Proficiency Tests

2)
Date:  Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:46:04 +0100 (MET)
From:  Domenico LEMBO <lembo at unina.it>
Subject:  Proper names and classification

3)
Date:  Tue, 02 Mar 1999 12:39:10 -0500
From:  Julie Auger <jauger at indiana.edu>
Subject:  Madame la ministre

4)
Date:  Wed, 03 Mar 1999 00:04:11 +0100
From:  George Farrrugia <gfar2 at um.edu.mt>
Subject:  Grammatical Gender

Date:  Tue, 02 Mar 1999 00:27:19 PST
From:  "maryanto maryanto" <mmaryanto at hotmail.com>

Dear Colleagues,

We are now trying to design a proficiency test in the Indonesian
language. The tests is meant to measure people's abilities in general
languge use. We would be grateful if you could tell us recent studies
about TOEFL or other English proficiency tests. Could you also let us
know the e-mail addresses by which we can make contacts with
institutions developing the standardized tests like TOEFL?

Looking forward to hearing favourable replies.