10.403, Qs: Vary in NW, Deictic Shift, ID Lang, ASL & Brain

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 17 00:06:18 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-403. Tue Mar 16 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.403, Qs: Vary in NW, Deictic Shift, ID Lang, ASL & Brain

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

Date:  15 Mar 99 10:39:56 PST
From:  Laurie.Zaring at directory.Reed.EDU (Laurie Zaring)
Subject:  Linguistic variation in the NW

2)
Date:  Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:06:08 -0500
From:  Fergus <fergus at ccpl.carr.lib.md.us>
Subject:  "Like" as a prompt for deictic shift

3)
Date:  Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:38:28 -0500
From:  Joseph F Foster <fosterjf at email.uc.edu>
Subject:  Identify Language?

4)
Date:  Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:48:39 -0700 (MST)
From:  NANCY MAE ANTRIM <nantrim at utep.edu>
Subject:  ASL, Verbal Language and the brain

Date:  15 Mar 99 10:39:56 PST
From:  Laurie.Zaring at directory.Reed.EDU (Laurie Zaring)

Would anyone be able to suggest a phonological change-in-progress
variable that might be observable in the speech of college
students from the Pacific Northwest, or California?  We are considering
(uw)-fronting, but have not observed much fronting so far.

Thanks,

Laurie Zaring
Laurie.Zaring at reed.edu
Reed College