10.404, FYI: Tate Article, EDSITE, Survey, Summer School

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 17 00:23:56 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-404. Tue Mar 16 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.404, FYI: Tate Article, EDSITE, Survey, Summer School

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:12:46 +0200 (EET)
From:  Deborah D K Ruuskanen <druuskan at cc.helsinki.fi>
Subject:  Follow-up on the Tate article

2)
Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:29:00 -0500
From:  "Serventi, Jennifer" <JServenti at neh.gov>
Subject:  Call for EDSITEment Nominations

3)
Date:  Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:19:14 +0100
From:  Koenraad de Smedt <desmedt at uib.no>
Subject:  Call for participation in CL study programmes survey

4)
Date:  Fri, 12 Mar 1999 22:23:16 +0100
From:  Tobias Scheer <scheer at naxos.unice.fr>
Subject:  Plovdiv Summer School

Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:12:46 +0200 (EET)
From:  Deborah D K Ruuskanen <druuskan at cc.helsinki.fi>

The number of requests for the entire Tate article has been
surprisingly large.  While gratified at the response, I simply cannot
fax or post dozens of copies of an article, especially without first
contacting the author and the owners of the bulletin (of the Finnish
Association of Translators and Interpreters) wherein it was
published. If I get permission, I will put it up on my own homepage,
Joan Tate does not have a web presence. I'm trying to pressure FATI
(SKTL) to put the article on their site, so that you all can read it
there.  This should be cleared up within the week. I only expected
five or six requests, but I seem to have touched a nerve.

Cheers, Kela

-
Deborah D. Kela Ruuskanen     \  You cannot teach a Man anything,
Leankuja 1, FIN-01420 Vantaa  \    you can only help him find it
druuskan at cc.helsinki.fi       \    within himself.      Galileo