10.411, Qs: Lang. usage, Native speakers, U.S. newspapers

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 18 21:14:57 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-411. Thu Mar 18 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.411, Qs: Lang. usage, Native speakers, U.S. newspapers

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:01:44 +0000
From:  "Dr. James Au Yeung" <james at psychol.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject:  Survey on language usage and stuttering

2)
Date:  Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:28:12 +0100
From:  Peter Oehl <oehl at IMS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>
Subject:  Native Speakers Wanted II

3)
Date:  Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:23:32 -0700
From:  Maite Taboada <mtaboada at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject:  Information on USA Today

Date:  Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:01:44 +0000
From:  "Dr. James Au Yeung" <james at psychol.ucl.ac.uk>

Dear all,

Our research group (from Psycholgy, UCL) is currently undertaking a
survey into the relationship between bilingualism/multilingualism and
stuttering. It should take only 5-10 minutes to fill in the
questionnaire on the WWW.

Although the study seems to be interested in bilingual speakers, the
participation of monolingual speakers ARE VITAL to our study as well.
We need a base line to compare the results.

This survey can now be accessed through the internet at:

http://www.speech.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/survey1/bilingual.html

and more information can be found at:

http://www.speech.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/survey1/Q_info.html

The results of our questionnaire are updated automatically each day
and are posted at:

http://www.speech.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/survey1/update.html

for those interested.

I would be happy to send out hardcopy of the questionnaire if
required.

We would appreciate your participation and please circulate this
message.

Thanks,

James Au-Yeung, PhD
Senior Research Fellow