10.649, Qs: Advice Re/Blind Students, Adjectives as Nouns

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon May 3 01:04:32 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-649. Sun May 2 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.649, Qs: Advice Re/Blind Students, Adjectives as Nouns

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:47:07 +0200
From:  "DAVE GOUGH" <mcgee at netactive.co.za>
Subject:  Blind  linguistics students

2)
Date:  Mon, 3 May 1999 10:25:02 +1200
From:  Laurie Bauer <laurie.bauer at vuw.ac.nz>
Subject:  Adjectives as nouns

Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:47:07 +0200
From:  "DAVE GOUGH" <mcgee at netactive.co.za>

Hi

Need some help. We have a blind student who is studying linguistics
(introductory course). We have arranged for a senior staff member to take
the student under her wing. We would really appreciate any assistance that
any one with experience in teaching blind students could provide us to
assist this student in an informed way.

As a historically disadvantaged university in South Africa (originally
intended for one particular not white population group) an additional
problem is a lack of funding - so our solutions have to be 'cost effective'!

Thanks

Dave Gough
Department of Linguistics
University of the Western Cape