10.710, Sum: Teaching blind student

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 11 00:39:04 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-710. Mon May 10 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.710, Sum: Teaching blind student

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 6 May 1999 19:56:13 +0200
From:  "DAVE GOUGH" <mcgee at netactive.co.za>
Subject:  teaching blind student

Date:  Thu, 6 May 1999 19:56:13 +0200
From:  "DAVE GOUGH" <mcgee at netactive.co.za>

Dear linguistlist

a while back you kindly posted a request i had for advice in teaching blind
students linguistics.  i had a number of responses - people really were
helpful.  I was wondering whether this could somehow be used as a resource
on your list. i have responses from people who have taught blind students
and students with visual impairement, as well as from blind linguistics
students and linguists  i have not contacted the authors about using their
information, but don't see too many hassles about this. all the best, and
thanks for the great work. the best newsgroup by far!!

dave gough
mcgee at hotmail.co.za

university of the western cape. south africa.

Though I have no first hand information to help you with your
problem, I am a subscriber to the "Teach-Ling" list where this issue came
up recently. I saved a few of these messages, having just had a deaf woman
in my intro to linguistics class. I will forward them to you and hope they
are helpful.  Below is the first one. Two more will follow. Good luck.

Aloha,

Susan Banner Inouye, PhD
Kapi'olani Community College
4303 Diamond Head Road