10.722, Qs: Examinations, Readability, Info, Double modal

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 11 15:52:24 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-722. Tue May 11 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.722, Qs: Examinations, Readability, Info, Double modal

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 09 May 1999 14:16:59 -0500
From:  "Geoffrey S. Nathan" <geoffn at siu.edu>
Subject:  MA Comprehensive Examinations

2)
Date:  Sun, 09 May 1999 14:27:55 -0500
From:  "diana pulido" <pulido at students.uiuc.edu>
Subject:  Readability Formula for Spanish

3)
Date:  Sat, 08 May 1999 13:07:34 +0200
From:  Jeff ALLEN <jeff at elda.fr>
Subject:  John Chandioux Experts-Conseils

4)
Date:  Tue, 11 May 1999 12:40:20 +0100
From:  jlc115 <jlc115 at york.ac.uk>
Subject:  Double modal constructions

Date:  Sun, 09 May 1999 14:16:59 -0500
From:  "Geoffrey S. Nathan" <geoffn at siu.edu>

Our Department is rethinking our system of MA Comprehensive
Examinations.  We offer two MA's, one in TESOL and one in Applied
Linguistics.  Students study a core of Linguistics courses plus, for
those interested in TESOL, numerous pedagogical and applied courses
and practica in the teaching of oficiency and writing.

Has anyone recently explored the question of MA-final examinations?
Could you send us your thoughts, web pages etc?  I'll summarize to the
list if there is sufficient response.

Thanks,

Geoff Nathan, Acting Chair

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Department of Linguistics
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale,
Carbondale, IL, 62901 USA
Phone:  +618 453-3421 (Office)   FAX +618 453-6527
+618 549-0106 (Home)