10.744, Qs: Performance, Internships, References

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 16 02:05:57 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-744. Sat May 15 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.744, Qs: Performance, Internships, References

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 14 May 1999 13:58:09 -0500
From:  Robert Pensalfini <rpensalf at midway.uchicago.edu>
Subject:  Linguistics and (theatrical) performance

2)
Date:  Thu, 13 May 1999 16:06:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Tara Edwards <tedwards at ccs.neu.edu>
Subject:  Boston-area internships/volunteering opportunities for undergrads?

3)
Date:  Fri, 14 May 1999 17:43:54 +0300
From:  "Maria Mpoumpa" <mariab at enl.auth.gr>
Subject:  Search for References

Date:  Fri, 14 May 1999 13:58:09 -0500
From:  Robert Pensalfini <rpensalf at midway.uchicago.edu>

I was wondering if there are any linguistic works on language in
performance, in the sense of stage performance. I am not so much
interested in opera or musical theatre, but rather the spoken word or
the human voice. I am not looking for works which are written
specifically as guides to voice work for actors or teachers, but more
scholarly work. I am particularly interested in the relationship
between linguistic theory and theatre, and what the one can tell us
about the other (if anything).

Please reply directly to me, and I will post a summary if
there is sufficient response.

Thanks,

Rob Pensalfini
r-pensalfini at uchicago.edu