10.1655, Qs: Lexical relations, Inalienable nouns, EPP

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 1 23:51:03 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1655. Mon Nov 1 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1655, Qs: Lexical relations, Inalienable nouns, EPP

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:49:52 -0500
From:  Lynne Murphy <M_Lynne_Murphy at baylor.edu>
Subject:  Cognitive approaches to lexical relations

2)
Date:  Mon, 01 Nov 1999 13:53:08 +0100
From:  Martha Larson <ml20 at cornell.edu>
Subject:  Inalienable nouns vs. proper names

3)
Date:  1 Nov 1999 22:29:36 EDT
From:  Lotfi at www.dci.co.ir
Subject:  Persian data and EPP

Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:49:52 -0500
From:  Lynne Murphy <M_Lynne_Murphy at baylor.edu>

Hello all,

I'm interested to know whether anyone working in Cognitive
Linguistics/Cognitive Semantics (i.e., in the style of Langacker, G.
Lakoff, R. Dirven, John Taylor...) has published anything that
specifically relates to the treatment of paradigmatic semantic
relations among words (i.e., antonymy, synonymy, hyponymy).  Any
references are welcome and will be gratefully received--even brief
mentions of paradigmatic relations are of interest.

I think I'm pretty up-to-date on the non-cognitive approaches, but if
you know of something that's new or forthcoming that I might not have
seen, I'd be glad to hear about it.  I'm writing a survey of the
different approaches to these relations.

Best wishes,
Lynne Murphy

-

M. Lynne Murphy, Assistant Professor in Linguistics
Department of English, Baylor University
PO Box 97404, Waco, TX 76798 USA
Phone:  254-710-6983     Fax:  254-710-3894
http://www.baylor.edu/~M_Lynne_Murphy