10.1704, Qs: Makua Lang., Basil Bernstein/Ideology of Tenses

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 10 03:50:35 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1704. Tue Nov 9 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1704, Qs: Makua Lang., Basil Bernstein/Ideology of Tenses

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Naomi Ogasawara <naomi at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:13:40 -0500
From:  "Helen Aristar Dry" <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Subject:  Makua Language

2)
Date:  Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:03:13 +0200
From:  <sruhi at tutor.fedu.metu.edu.tr>
Subject:  Basil Bernstein/Ideology of Tenses

Date:  Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:13:40 -0500
From:  "Helen Aristar Dry" <hdry at linguistlist.org>

A friend of mine is currently studying the Bantu language Makua
(sometimes spelled Makhua) with the aim of translating the Bible into
Makua.

Has anybody done any research on this language. If so what are
available and how can it be obtained? I found referenced to work done
by Susan U Stucky, but it does not say if this is the Hawaiin or
African Makua language.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!. My friend is located in the
heart of Mozambique and only way to reach him is via e-mail on
satelite or radio link. I would therefore appreciate electronic
formats, but hard copies that can be processed are also welcome

Regards

Herman J van der Merwe
DTH Consulting Engineers cc
PO Box 85, Bluewater Bay, 6212, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)41 466-7933, Fax: +27 (0)41 466-7931