10.1775, Qs: Abstand/Correction, Talk-Analysis Prog Needed

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 23 15:29:17 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1775. Tue Nov 23 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1775, Qs: Abstand/Correction, Talk-Analysis Prog Needed

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:50:21 -0500 (EST)
From:  Robert McColl Millar <enl097 at abdn.ac.uk>
Subject:  Abstand & Ausbau: Corrected Address

2)
Date:  Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:01:52 +0100
From:  Katarina Klein <Katarina.Klein at Uni-Koeln.DE>
Subject:  Dialogue analysis in talks: talk-program needed

Date:  Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:50:21 -0500 (EST)
From:  Robert McColl Millar <enl097 at abdn.ac.uk>

	In his seminal article "'Abstand' languages and 'Ausbau' languages",
	_Anthropological Linguistics_ 9:7  of 1967, Heinz Kloss put forward
	the concepts of _Abstand_ (distinct language by inherent distance) and
	_Ausbau_ (distinct language by development). I would be very grateful if
	anyone could let me know of references to further developments in these
	concepts in later work. I will post a summary on this list.

	Robert McColl Millar
	University of Aberdeen, Scotland
	Robert McColl Millar
	enl097 at abdn.ac.uk