10.1812, Disc: Written Creole: Genuine or Hoax?

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Nov 28 15:09:03 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1812. Sun Nov 28 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1812, Disc: Written Creole: Genuine or Hoax?

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 28 Nov 1999 07:29:10 -0600
From:  Rebecca Larche Moreton <mlrlm at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu>
Subject:  Written Creole:  Genuine or Hoax? (fwd)

Date:  Sun, 28 Nov 1999 07:29:10 -0600
From:  Rebecca Larche Moreton <mlrlm at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu>

The following message appeared recently on CreoLIST; I thought the
subject, and in particular John Rickford's response, would be of
interest to a larger audience, so, with Rickford's permission, here they
are. Other responses on the same subject may be found under CreoLIST on
the LinguistList archive website,
http://linguistlist.org/list-archives.html

Rebecca Larche Moreton
301 South Ninth Street