10.1820, Qs: Lang Attitudes, GB Lexicon in Mandarin

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 30 03:34:11 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1820. Mon Nov 29 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1820, Qs: Lang Attitudes, GB Lexicon in Mandarin

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 27 Nov 1999 05:05:36 PST
From:  "sean wilcox" <srwilco at hotmail.com>
Subject:  "Gatekeeper" Language Attitude

2)
Date:  Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:34:49 -0500
From:  Tom Emerson <Tree at basistech.com>
Subject:  GB Lexicon in Mandarin

Date:  Sat, 27 Nov 1999 05:05:36 PST
From:  "sean wilcox" <srwilco at hotmail.com>

I am currently working on my MA thesis dealing with language
attitudes.  I was curious if anyone had any ideas where I might find
information on recent studies done assessing language attitudes of
"gatekeepers."  Studies which utilize either a semantic differential
questionnaire or a matched guise technique would be extremely helpful.
If there are enough responses, I will submit a summary.  I will also
add whatever resources I have found on my own.  Thanks in advance.

Sean Wilcox
MA Student-TESOL
Portland State University
srwilco at hotmail.com