10.1473, Jobs: NLP

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 7 16:38:04 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1473. Thu Oct 7 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1473, Jobs: NLP

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:55:08 -0400
From:  "Karin Verspoor" <karin at intelligenesis.net>
Subject:  NLP-Intelligenesis Corporation, NYC

Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:55:08 -0400
From:  "Karin Verspoor" <karin at intelligenesis.net>

Post Date: October 6, 1999

Intelligenesis offers the Internet economy a new breed of business
intelligence, using breakthrough AI technology that understands
concepts in text. We don't just provide information for our clients:
we tell them what it means for them and their business goals. The AI
system that powers our applications, WebMind(TM), is based on a
revolutionary mathematical model of the mind that integrates a variety
of formerly disparate AI disciplines.

Founded in 1997, Intelligenesis is based in New York City. We have
positioned ourselves at the leading edge of the information
economy. We take our business very seriously, but like to have fun
doing it. If you want to be inspired by your work, aren't afraid of
tight deadlines, and can keep the greater goal in sight while tending
to the daily details, then we should talk.

The Natural Language group at Intelligenesis is currently seeking two
creative individuals for immediate employment in our New York office.
Both positions will involve developing natural language processing
modules, designing, documenting, and coding Java language code in a
team coding environment.

NL Position 1, Senior Natural Language Engineer

Requirements:
- Advanced degree in computational linguistics or a related field
- Experience with NL query processing and automatic recognition of the
semantics of queries
- Java or C++ programming skills

Additional desirable skills:
- familarity with database querying
- information retrieval experience
- statistical NLP experience
- knowledge of machine learning techniques
- text mining experience

NL Position 2, Junior Software Engineer

Requirements:
- a BS (in CS or a related field) or extensive industry experience.
- strong Java and XML skills
- familiarity with regular expressions and other text processing
methodologies
- JDBC/ODBC database integration experience

Addtional desirable skills:
- linguistics background
- natural language system experience
- machine learning experience
- statistics background

Interested applicants should send a cover letter indicating the
position for which they would like to be considered, resume (plain
text only, please) and any salary expectations to Dr. Karin Verspoor,
karin at intelligenesis.net or fax to 1-212-324-3001. No phone calls
please.