10.1489, FYI: Grammer Software,Syntax Student's Companion

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 8 22:41:08 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1489. Fri Oct 8 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1489, FYI: Grammer Software,Syntax Student's Companion

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:01:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:  aac at csli.Stanford.EDU (Ann Copestake)
Subject:  Open source grammar and grammar development software

2)
Date:  Thu, 07 Oct 1999 00:13:50 +0200
From:  Joseph Hilferty <hilferty at fil.ub.es>
Subject:  Using the Syntax Student's Companion

Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:01:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:  aac at csli.Stanford.EDU (Ann Copestake)

The LKB system, a development environment for constraint-based grammar
frameworks, is now available for free download from
http://www-csli.stanford.edu/~aac/lkb.html The LinGO project's
computational grammar for English, which uses the HPSG framework, is
available from the same site.  The LinGO grammar can be used for
parsing and generation with the LKB system.  Other smaller grammars,
primarily intended for teaching purposes, are also downloadable.  The
LKB system is distributed as Common Lisp source code and as a
standalone executable for Linux and Solaris.  Detailed documentation
for the LKB system, including an introduction to typed feature
structure formalisms, is also available online, at
http://www-csli.stanford.edu/~aac/doc5-2.pdf Please see the
documentation and the LKB Website for further details.

Ann Copestake

Center for the Study of Language and Information (CSLI)
Stanford University