10.1646, Qs: Danish Infinitives, Conceptualization of Women

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 31 23:12:24 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1646. Sun Oct 31 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1646, Qs: Danish Infinitives, Conceptualization of Women

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 1999 21:50:57 +0200
From:  Uri Horesh <urihores at post.tau.ac.il>
Subject:  Danish Infinitives

2)
Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:53:08 +0100
From:  "zmaalej" <zmaalej at gnet.tn>
Subject:  How Women are Conceptualised Again!

Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 1999 21:50:57 +0200
From:  Uri Horesh <urihores at post.tau.ac.il>

Dear Linguists,

The following query was sent by Dr. Outi Bat-El of Tel Aviv University.
Could you kindly reply directly to her at <obatel at post.tau.ac.il>.

Thank you,
Uri Horesh

According to Anderson (1992 and earlier studies) Danish infinitives end in a
schwa suffix and the imperatives are formed by truncating this schwa. Do ALL
Danish infinitives end in a schwa? If not, what is the imperative
corresponding to an infinitive not ending in a schwa? Does this group
consists of a few isolated verbs or is it a rather large group of verbs?