10.1296, Qs: Language teaching, French liaison

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 6 04:25:17 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1296. Mon Sep 6 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1296, Qs: Language teaching, French liaison

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 4 Sep 1999 10:29:50 GMT+1000
From:  "Ilija Casule" <icasule at pip.elm.mq.edu.au>
Subject:  Language teaching

2)
Date:  Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:13:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:  ROGER BILLEREY <billerey at ucla.edu>
Subject:  French liaison

Date:  Sat, 4 Sep 1999 10:29:50 GMT+1000
From:  "Ilija Casule" <icasule at pip.elm.mq.edu.au>

I am attempting to conduct a survey on foreign language teaching at
universities - structure of degrees, proportion of face-to-face
teaching to independent and flexible mode learning, proportion of
theory vs practicals, progress of absolute beginners vs students with
previous knowledge, etc.

The questionnaire involves 9 questions which require very short
answers.

 Please e-mail me on: icasule at ocs1.ocs.mq.edu.au    if you would like
to help me. I will then send you the survey.

I'd appreciate your cooperation, as many language departments in
the world are in jeopardy because of the erosion of funding and
teaching standards.

If I receive enough relevant replies, I will post a summary.

Thanks.
Associate Professor Ilija Casule, Department of European Languages
Macquarie University; Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia