10.1356, Jobs: African Languages, French Applied Linguistics

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 14 20:49:51 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1356. Tue Sep 14 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1356, Jobs: African Languages, French Applied Linguistics

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Lydia Grebenyova <lydia at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:25:02 -0500
From:  Ann Biersteker <ann.biersteker at yale.edu>
Subject:  African Languages

2)
Date:  Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:27:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Sue Ollmann <sollmann at rll.ufl.edu>
Subject:  French Applied Linguistics

Date:  Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:25:02 -0500
From:  Ann Biersteker <ann.biersteker at yale.edu>

Yale University, New Haven CT 06520. The Council on African Studies,
Center for International and Area Studies in cooperation with Yale
College invites applications for a full time lecturer in African
languages beginning July, 2000. The position is for three years,
renewable on the basis of performance and program resources. Primary
responsibilities include teaching beginning and advanced levels of
spoken and written Swahili, with limited additional course work in
additional African languages, linguistics, or African literature. We
prefer a candidate with fluent conversational and writing skills, an
M.A. or Ph.D. in a relevant field, demonstrated ability and enthusiasm
for in-class language instruction, together with expertise in second
language acquisition. Language teaching experience and publications are
also desirable, as is familiarity with computer-aided language
instruction methods. Salary commensurate with experience and background.
Deadline for applications is October 31, 1999. A letter of application
and curriculum vitae should be sent to Ann Biersteker, Director of the
Program in African Languages, P.O. Box 208206, New Haven, CT 06520-8206.
Please also arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to
the same address. AA/EOE; applications from women and minorities
encouraged.