10.1409, Qs: B Language, Sister Dept/China, Etymology/"feed"

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 28 17:15:23 UTC 1999

LINGUIST List:  Vol-10-1409. Tue Sep 28 1999. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 10.1409, Qs: B Language, Sister Dept/China, Etymology/"feed"

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Lydia Grebenyova <lydia at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:  resvil <resvil at yahoo.com>
Subject:  B Language

2)
Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:50:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Zhensheng Geng <zgeng001 at postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Subject:  A Sister Department for Hainan University in China

3)
Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:53:27 +0200
From:  manseri <ourida.manseri at fnac.net>
Subject:  Etymology/"feed"

Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:  resvil <resvil at yahoo.com>

Recently, I heard of something called the 'b'
language. Basically English, it is used, I suppose, in
a twin-speak scenario? Just a secret language where
'b's are interspersed after each syllable when talking
to friends.

Rules? As far as I can determine, a 'b' follows each
syllable, can be the last letter but not the first
letter of a word.

So, Coca-Cola would be Cboca-b Cbola-b

The final 'b' pronounced as in 'b' for bin.
I imagine there are all sorts of versions 'c' 'g'
whatever. Does anyone have any experience of these?

I'm interested in finding about about the structure
and how to use it.

Please feel free to also email my personal email
address below.

Adam Hawthorne
Email: resvil at yahoo.com