11.2619, TOC: Estudios de Sociolinguistica

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Dec 3 14:41:59 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-2619. Sun Dec 3 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.2619, TOC: Estudios de Sociolinguistica

Editors: Karen Milligan, Wayne State U. <karen at linguistlist.org>
         Michael Appleby, E. Michigan U. <michael at linguistlist.org>
         Rob Beltz, E. Michigan U. <rob at linguistlist.org>
         Lydia Grebenyova, E. Michigan U. <lydia at linguistlist.org>
         Marie Klopfenstein, Wayne State U. <marie at linguistlist.org>
         Ljuba Veselinova, Stockholm U. <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Naomi Ogasawara <naomi at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:04:29 +0100
From:  "Anxo M. Lorenzo Suárez"  <alorenzo at correo.uvigo.es>
Subject:  Estudios de Sociolinguistica, Volume 1,1, 2000

Date:  Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:04:29 +0100
From:  "Anxo M. Lorenzo Suárez"  <alorenzo at correo.uvigo.es>

NOW AVALIABLE:
Estudios de Sociolinguistica. Linguas, sociedades e culturas.
Editors: Xoan Paulo Rodriguez-Yañez, Anxo M. Lorenzo-Suarez &
         Fernando Ramallo (University of Vigo).
ISSN:    1576-7418
Volume 1,1 (2000)

'Estudios de Sociolingüística' (EdS) is published by the University of
Vigo. Our principal objective with this new journal is to contribute
to the divulging of international knowledge and research about
sociolinguistics, and to offer another forum for debates on key issues
relating languages to societies and cultures. This journal is born
with specific traits, that might help to characterize it. EdS comes
out in Galicia, a peripherical European area. In this sense, we adopt
a sensibility and point of view of minority languages; and also, in
general terms, we feel that sociolinguistics carried out in the
European periphery (among others, Galician sociolinguistics) should
establish a direct relationship to international research tradition,
and we expect to contribute in some way to this task.  This first
issue of EdS is a monographic volume on bilingualism. The fifteen
contributions that here appear were presented as plenary conferences
at the 'First International Symposium on Bilingualism: Bilingual
Communities and Individuals', organized by the editors of this issue
at the University of Vigo, and held in Vigo (Galicia, Spain) from the
21st to the 25th October 1997.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Volume 1,1, 2000, 225 pp.
Special issue: Bilingualism
Editors of this volume: X.P. Rodriguez-Yañez, A.M. Lorenzo-Suarez & M.C.
                        Cabeza-Pereiro

SUZANNE ROMAINE
Multilingualism, conflict, and the politics of indigenous language movements
Pages 13-25

JOAN A. ARGENTER
Cultural identity and heteroglossia
Pages 27-39

PETER H. NELDE
Identity among bilinguals: An ecolinguistic approach
Pages 41-46

MAURO A. FERNANDEZ
Cuando los hablantes se niegan a elegir: multilingüismo e identidad
múltiple en la modernidad reflexiva
Pages 47-58

CHRISTINE DEPREZ
Le jeu des langues dans les familles bilingues d'origine étrangère
Pages 59-74

DANIELLE BOUVET
L'accès de l'enfant sourd à la parole: une situation particulière de
bilinguisme entre une langue gestuelle et une langue vocale
Pages 75-81

CHARLOTTE HOFFMANN
Bilingual and trilingual competence: Problems of description and
differentiation
Pages 83-92

ALESSANDRO DURANTI & JENNIFER F. REYNOLDS
Phonological and cultural innovations in the speech of Samoans in Southern
California
Pages 93-110

CELSO ALVAREZ-CACCAMO
Para um modelo do "code-switching" e a alternância de variedades como
fenómenos distintos: dados do discurso galego-português/espanhol na Galiza
Pages 111-128

PETER AUER
Why should we and how can we determine the "base language" of a bilingual
conversation?
Pages 129-144

CEIL LUCAS
Language contact phenomena in deaf communities
Pages 145-152

JORDI COLOMINA I CASTANYER
El dialecto murciano como resultado del contacto lingüístico medieval
castellano-catalán
Pages 153-172

SARAH G. THOMASON
On the unpredictability of contact effects
Pages 173-182

LOUIS-JEAN CALVET
Langues et développement: agir sur les représentations?
Pages 183-190

ROBERT CHAUDENSON
Planification linguistique, droit à la langue et développement
Pages 191-201

MORE INFORMATION IN THE WEB PAGE: http://www.uvigo.es/webs/ssl/

FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS PLEASE CONTACT:
Mr. Ricardo Serrano,
Libreria Marcial Pons (Departamento de Revistas);
San Sotero, 6; E-28037 Madrid (Spain).
E-mail: serrano at marcialpons.es