11.2626, Jobs: Comp Ling at European Media Lab GmbH, Germany

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 4 22:42:33 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-2626. Mon Dec 4 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.2626, Jobs: Comp Ling at European Media Lab GmbH, Germany

Editors: Karen Milligan, Wayne State U. <karen at linguistlist.org>
         Michael Appleby, E. Michigan U. <michael at linguistlist.org>
         Rob Beltz, E. Michigan U. <rob at linguistlist.org>
         Lydia Grebenyova, E. Michigan U. <lydia at linguistlist.org>
         Marie Klopfenstein, Wayne State U. <marie at linguistlist.org>
         Ljuba Veselinova, Stockholm U. <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Michael Appleby <michael at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  4 Dec 2000 14:31:52 -0000
From:  Michael Strube <Michael.Strube at eml.villa-bosch.de>
Subject:  Comp Ling, NLP: Researchers at European Media Lab GmbH, Germany

Date:  4 Dec 2000 14:31:52 -0000
From:  Michael Strube <Michael.Strube at eml.villa-bosch.de>

Rank of Job: PhD or degree in CS or CL
Areas Required: Comp Ling, NLP
Other Desired Areas: Dialogue Systems, Statistical NLP
University or Organization: European Media Laboratory GmbH
Department:
State or Province:
Country: Germany
Final Date of Application: open
Contact: Michael Strube Michael.Strube at eml.villa-bosch.de

Address for Applications:
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
Heidelberg
 69118
Germany

The European Media Laboratory in Heidelberg is seeking several
researchers to work in the areas of information retrieval, information
extraction, domain ontology building, and human computer interfaces.

In particular, we are looking for a researcher for the "Personal
Memory" project in the research areas:

- computational linguistics, dialogue systems and artificial
  intelligence

- wearable computing, mobile information systems and intelligent user
  interfaces

The candidate should have a degree in computer science, computational
linguistics or a related subject, and ideally some years of
professional experience in research projects. We expect both the
willingness to work across different disciplines and an interest in
research topics with a relation to practice. The projects are realized
in cooperation with national and international partners from research
as well as industry.

Interested persons should send resumes to:

  c/o Baerbel Mack
  European Media Laboratory GmbH
  Villa Bosch
  Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33