11.2632, All: New Topic for LINGUIST Issues: Software

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 5 05:02:45 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-2632. Tue Dec 5 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.2632, All: New Topic for LINGUIST Issues: Software

Editors: Karen Milligan, Wayne State U. <karen at linguistlist.org>
         Michael Appleby, E. Michigan U. <michael at linguistlist.org>
         Rob Beltz, E. Michigan U. <rob at linguistlist.org>
         Lydia Grebenyova, E. Michigan U. <lydia at linguistlist.org>
         Marie Klopfenstein, Wayne State U. <marie at linguistlist.org>
         Ljuba Veselinova, Stockholm U. <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Date:  5 Dec 2000 04:56:31 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  New Topic for LINGUIST

Date:  5 Dec 2000 04:56:31 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear Subscribers,

As an academic publicaton, it has always been our policy to list only
non-commercial or free products on our software and fonts pages. We
do, however, realize that there may be some commercial products that
you would find very useful, and we would like to bring you news of
those. For this reason, we will begin accepting announcements of
language and linguistics-related commercial software and fonts to be
published under the new topic, "Software".  In addition to the
announcement, the product will also be listed on the appropriate web
page, with a link and a short description of the product prominently
displayed. For your convenience, the free products will be listed
separately from the commercial ones, which will be grouped together at
the top of the page.

As with book announcements, LINGUIST will request a donation in return
for these announcements; this donation will go to pay Linguist editors
and allow us to continue expanding our services for you. If you would
like to announce linguistics-related software or fonts, check with
editor, James Yuells, for details. We hope that you will find both
the new "Software" issues and the expanded web listings a useful
addition to LINGUIST. And, as always, we welcome your comments and
suggestions.

Best regards,

Anthony, Helen, Andrew
LINGUIST Moderators