11.2777, Jobs: Ling: Tenure-track at U of Haifa, Israel

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 21 20:12:08 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-2777. Thu Dec 21 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.2777, Jobs: Ling: Tenure-track at U of Haifa, Israel

Editors: Karen Milligan, Wayne State U. <karen at linguistlist.org>
         Michael Appleby, E. Michigan U. <michael at linguistlist.org>
         Rob Beltz, E. Michigan U. <rob at linguistlist.org>
         Lydia Grebenyova, E. Michigan U. <lydia at linguistlist.org>
         Marie Klopfenstein, Wayne State U. <marie at linguistlist.org>
         Ljuba Veselinova, Stockholm U. <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Michael Appleby <michael at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:20:15 -0500
From:  John Myhill <john at research.haifa.ac.il>
Subject:  Ling: Tenure-track at U of Haifa, Israel

Date:  Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:20:15 -0500
From:  John Myhill <john at research.haifa.ac.il>

The Department of English Language and Literature at the University of
Haifa invites applications for a possible tenure-line position in
linguistics with a specialization in one or more of the following
areas: bilingualism/multilingualism, corpus linguistics, first
language acquisition, syntax, translation. Ph.D. in linguistics or
applied linguistics is essential. Scholars of all ranks are encouraged
to apply.

Responsibilities include teaching two classes per semester (8 academic
hours, 6 hours of class time) and directing theses; the University of
Haifa is a research-oriented institution and appointees are expected
to maintain an active line of scholarly research. Classes and
department business are conducted in English; there are presently five
other linguists in the department. Salary will be determined by rank.

Information about our department can be found at
http://english.haifa.ac.il/.

Send applications (deadline Feb. 15, 2001), including a letter, CV,
three letters of recommendation, and two sample publications, to
Linguistics Search, Dept. of English Language and Literature,
University of Haifa, Mt. Carmel, Haifa 31905, Israel