11.2791, Jobs: Comp Ling, RA at King's College, London

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Dec 23 02:54:50 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-2791. Fri Dec 22 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.2791, Jobs: Comp Ling, RA at King's College, London

Editors: Karen Milligan, Wayne State U. <karen at linguistlist.org>
         Michael Appleby, E. Michigan U. <michael at linguistlist.org>
         Rob Beltz, E. Michigan U. <rob at linguistlist.org>
         Lydia Grebenyova, E. Michigan U. <lydia at linguistlist.org>
         Marie Klopfenstein, Wayne State U. <marie at linguistlist.org>
         Ljuba Veselinova, Stockholm U. <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  20 Dec 2000 21:59:29 -0000
From:  Prof Shalom Lappin <lappin at dcs.kcl.ac.uk>
Subject:  Computational Linguistics: RA at King's College, London, England UK

Date:  20 Dec 2000 21:59:29 -0000
From:  Prof Shalom Lappin <lappin at dcs.kcl.ac.uk>

Rank of Job: RA
Areas Required: Computational Linguistics
Other Desired Areas: Formal Semantics
University or Organization: King's College, London
Department: Computer Science
State or Province: England
Country: UK
Final Date of Application: 20 Jan 2001
Contact: Prof Shalom Lappin lappin at dcs.kcl.ac.uk

Address for Applications:
Dept of CS, King's College, London, The Strand
London
England WC2R 2LS
UK

DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
King's College, London

PART-TIME RESEARCH ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE IN COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS

Applications are invited for a part-time research assistantship to
work on the implementation of a dialogue system.  The appointment will
be made for a period of 20 months from 1st February 2001.  The post is
funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).

We welcome applications from students who are interested in entering
our MPhil/Ph.D program.  We will also be happy to consider
applications from post-doctoral researchers and from candidates
completing Ph.D's at other institutions.  An interest in computational
approaches to dialogue/semantics and good programming skills
(preferably in Prolog and/or C) are required.

For a Ph.D student the salary will be 40% (RA 1B salary scale), which
is from £7,563 to £8,346 including London Allowance.  For a
post-doctoral RA, the position will be 40% (RA1A salary scale)
commencing at £8,346 pa.  The position will involve 12-15 hours a
week.

For further information please contact Professor Shalom Lappin or Dr
Jonathan Ginzburg in the Computer Science Department at King's College,

London at lappin at dcs.kcl.ac.uk,ginzburg at dcs.kcl.ac.uk.  For details
concerning the Natural Language Processing Group within the Department
of Computer Science at King's College, London, please consult the
departmental website at http://www.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/.  The closing date
for applications will be ca 20 January 2001.  Reference W0/CCS/01/01.

Equality of opportunity is King's College Policy.